Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Party Like It's 1989!!!

This weekend Colorado Beth and I will be attending a 36th birthday party for a friend we grew up with. Our friend's husband decided to make it an 80's extravaganza. CB and I are stoked. Any excuse to get all dressed up like we did in high school is a good one.

However, there is just a couple of problems. First, neither of us can figure out how in the hell we got our hair so BIG! I've been looking at old photos and for the life of me I can't remember the entire routine of how to tease my hair to the point that it stood a foot off of my head. (Which was good for me since I was/am pretty darn short.)

I've also been looking at photos and wondering-- what in the hell were we thinking?!?!? Blue eyeliner, pink stretch pants, and ballet flats??? (I know some of you remember those Sam & Libby shoes!) One trend I'm glad to see that has made a come back is skinny jeans (I recently bought a couple of pairs), freaking awesome is all I have to say. Wait. Rephrase that. Totally awesome dude!

Speaking of coming back, I also found out recently that Hot Topic is selling everything 80's these days. Colorado Beth stopped in and picked up a few items for her party outfit (she's channeling Cyndi Lauper) and she mentioned they had a ton of stuff straight out of our misspent youth. Well, it has almost been twenty years. I guess if you wait long enough, everything really does come back in fashion. Hollister has been selling ripped jeans for several years now. Those were a staple in the 80's. We all wanted to look like Joe Elliot.

As my contribution to the party, I was tapped to come up with a few drinks to be served during the evening. Here is what I came up with. Send me any suggestions you might have, we'd love to use them!

The “Talk Dirty To Me” (aka Dirty Martini)
You’ll be glad you picked this twist on the classic dirty martini as your POISON. They say EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN, but we can find anything wrong with this drink. Just don’t imbibe too much or you’ll end up looking like WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN.

The “Bon Jovi” (aka Kamikaze)
This SHOT TO THE HEART does not GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME, in fact it’s so good that if you drink too many, you might think you’re LIVING ON A PRAYER in the morning.

The “Girl’s Just Want To Have Fun” (aka Cosmo)
This pink concoction lives up to its name and might even snag you a guy to have a little fun with. However, if you don’t find a partner in TIME AFTER TIME, you can SHE BOP your way on home and enjoy the pleasure of your own company.

The “Born In The USA” (aka Scotch and water)
This patriotic drink will have you DANCING IN THE DARK and reliving the GLORY DAYS of Guess Jeans and Reaganomics. So, belly up and drink one for the BOSS.

The “Leppard” (aka Lemon Drop Martini)
Hearken back to the days of the British Invasion of the eighties. LOVE BITES, but this drink is smooth and satisfying. WOMEN will beg you to POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME as you dazzle them in your ripped jeans and super hot mullet a la Joe Elliot and the boys.

The “Wang Chung”
This drink is whatever you want it to be because we never did figure out what the hell a WANG CHUNG was anyway.

13 comments:

Surfergrrl said...

I too wonder how I got my hair so big in the 80's. I don't recall setting out to make it that big but somehow it ended up being that big.

oooh skinny jeans. can't do it. I love a flared leg. I think somehow it makes me look taller. wishful thinking.

myself said...

I never had big hair in high school. However I did have a Duran Duran streak in the front.

Says she going to see Duran Duran next week. For reals. Oi.

Average Girl In Average World said...

THAT ROCKED!

I was born 1982 (don't hate) so I vaguely remeber tight rolled jeans, high top Reeboks, leg warmers and big hair. I do remember my Mom taking a razor and carefully fraying my Half Brothers jeans. the mullet. OMG.....


Big hair...Everyone had perms back then so it was easier.

Blow dry upside down, use volumizing spray, tease, tease some more, more spray, tease a little more, flip head upright, get crooke out of neck, spray again, tease, smooth the top out and you are set. LOL......

Average Girl In Average World said...

oh yeah, don't forget a lace glove like madonna had....

LOL....Like a virgin.

Colleen Snell said...

Brilliant drinks and descriptions! Very clever.

Moonlight Dancer said...

Sooo creative...

Average Girl In Average World said...

Where have you been?????

I tagged you today in a meme, I would like for you to particpate!!!

Breanna!! LOL

Average Girl In Average World said...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ???? I MISS YOU!!!!!!

興奮 said...

杜蕾斯正妹牆25xxx成人影城美女圖天空交友情色文章北部人聊天室情色圖片080苗栗人聊天室影音視訊聊天室ks2030成人色網美女圖片聊天找fun風歐美免費影片成人文學情色論壇免費視訊玩美女人影音秀色情漫畫情色網尼克成人

she said...

免費a片a片383成人台灣a片sex520免費影片yawu免費影片utobe影片分享聊天室無碼avjp成人a片蕃薯藤交友成人論壇拓網交友情色視訊成人論壇plus論壇bbs論壇色情論壇gogobox論壇番薯論壇av微風論壇

瘋狂的 said...

God never shuts one door but he opens another. ....................................................

麻將一及通 said...

目標是什麼不重要,目標能產生什麼樣的效果才重要........................................

adventure grrl said...

I just saw a sweet comment from you on my blog and I wanted to let you know I am back to blogging on 100 days in Bed. I hope you are great!

PS, why aren't you posting anymore? Miss it!